Tire Rule Letter to Teams
Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 09:34 AM EDT
As you are all aware we have made some adjustments to the tire rules. In order to clear up some questions that have arisen, please be advised that beginning with the Shenandoah event USA Racing will be implementing the following amended rules for tire purchasing and management.
Definition of "Event Tires" - Tires marked as such from previous events and tires purchased at the current event.
- Only "Event Tires" may be used for practice, qualifying and racing.
- Tires purchased directly from Jackson Motorsports (not at an event) will NOT be marked "Event Tires"
- Teams are limited to purchasing a maximum of 8 sticker tires per event
- Teams are required to purchase a minimum of 4 sticker tires per event
- Teams that have competed during the 2011 season may have used tires from a ONLY ONE previous event marked as "Event Tires" (at the next entered event) by a USAR Official to be used for practice only.
- Teams that have NOT competed during the 2011 season may purchase 4 sticker tires for its initial event only to be used for practice only.
- Qualifying to be done on sticker tires ONLY
Tires being held by the Series from the cancelled Lonesome Pine event will be released to those teams at Shenandoah after they have been marked as "Event Tires" by USAR Officials.
REMINDER: A MAXIMUM of 8 tires from the Lonesome Pine event will be marked as "Event Tires" to be used for the Shenandoah event.
All Cars MUST be equipped with USAR approved mufflers for the Shenandoah event and due to contractual obligations this will be a 250 Lap Event.
Beginning at the Motor Mile all events will be 200 Laps with the exception of the Rockingham Event which will remain at 150 Laps.
If you have any further questions please contact Jack McNelly at 704-662-9212 or 704-576-7831 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
USA Racing Series Director